CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

DAY THREE...UNWASHED HAIR!



OK, OK....I read an article last week on Yahoo that talked of American women beginning to cut down on the number of times they wash their hair each week, taking on the trend of most other societies. Well, we know that our children really don't get "oily" hair. I don't believe they need their hair washed every single day. But what do you do when your kid has been sporting the six pony-tail hairstyle like I had up a few days ago? Well at 7:30 when you wake up and realize that not only have you slept in while your child is coloring peacefully and you are freaking out that you look like crap, you shove their hair into a giant wad on the top of their head, add a hairbow on each side of the bird's nest wad...and BINGO! ...your kid ONCE AGAIN looks great and you are dragging her into school looking like crap!
OK...my picture quality stinks right now because I have to find my camera since we moved here. Let's just say I'm dissapointed in the blackberry storm right now and waiting for my iPhone contract.
I even ran these suckers through iphoto so they aren't getting any better.
If you look closely at my child...you can see her eyes are a little swollen from bawling because I made her quit coloring as I ran like the madwoman from hell trying to slap on my own makeup to get her to eat some Life cereal.
Yeah...I LOVE being a mom sometimes...I tell my kids all the time...."I love you all! I just don't love you all at the same time..." haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know those kind of mornings!
As for cutting back on washing hair.....A few months ago, I quit using shampoo in favor of a homemade alternative - water & baking soda with a little honey. I have been able to go from daily shampooing to now washing my hair only once every 4 days! I have long hair, as do my 3 daughters. Sure saves us a lot of $$ on shampoo & conditioner!